And we have to have music on to write our finely-honed words too. And we walk places. Can't do that without an iPod.
So, what the hell. We're gonna get flack for our film choices this year I'm sure, so let's go the whole hog and have some abuse for our taste in music too...
As always, there were those who didn't quite make the cut, so when you've finished reading this also take the time to check out the latest albums from Linkin Park (going back to their roots a smidge) Slash (his finest guitar work since Appetite), Suzanne Vega (her best in years) and Robert Plant (he just keeps getting better).
10) Rise Against - The Black Market
9) Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Hypnotic Eye
8) Against Me! - Transgender Dysphoria Blues
7) Meg Myers - Make A Shadow EP
6) The Gaslight Anthem - Get Hurt
5) Half moon Run - Dark Eyes
4) Kaiser Chiefs - Education, Education, Education And War
3) Sinead O'Connor - I'm Not Bossy, I'm The Boss.
2) Ricky Warwick - When Patsy Cline Was Crazy (And Guy Mitchell Sang The Blues)/Hearts On Trees
1) Pink Floyd - The Endless River.