Tuesday 15 March 2016

Kung Fu Panda 3 (PG)

I really wasn't going to bother with Kung Fu Panda 3 - having not seen the second instalment I felt sure I'd be missing huge gaps in the subtle nuances of the story.

But then I found myself with nothing better to do.

Then I figured I wouldn't bother writing the review - if you like Po and the gang, you're going to go see this, if you don't you're not.



Then I found myself with some wine, some olives and nothing better to do.

So here we go.

Seen the first two? You've seen 3.

Same gags, same message, same everything.

It's not bad, it's just not any different to anything we've seen before.

Sure there are a couple of new characters, but that's really it.

I get that it's not meant for men over the age of *coughmumble*, but it feels lazy. Like everyone involved decided to not rock the boat.

Oh, and the 3D bits are bloody predictable too. And annoying.

I get it - hey, why change a winning formula - but rather than rehashing stuff, why not come up with something new?

Yeah, I know, not gonna happen. But I can dream.

(Seriously, go see Hail, Caesar! It's so much more fun)

No comments:

Post a Comment